- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is stored on your device – computer, tablet or phone– when you visit a website.
- Analytics to help us to improve our website and find out about the traffic it receives.
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To manage your user account and the content you see when you visit our website.
- If you wish to restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by any websites, you can generally do this through your browser settings.
- If you set your internet browser preferences to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
Who to contact
If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact us via the website or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
SMA Worldwide Ltd and its divisions understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. WHAT DOES THIS NOTICE COVER?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 4, below.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Please see below.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the method below.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way. Clause number 5 explains more about how we use your personal data, including automated decision-making.
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO YOU COLLECT?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us).
Your information is collected from you when you complete our credit application form, contacting us by any electronic or voice means, purchase from us or use some of the advanced features on our websites. The information we collect is clearly set out on the web page on which we collect it.
We collect such data and securely store the following details when you place an order with us:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Recipient’s Name
- Recipient’s Address
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying our products or services to you. Your personal details, and those of the intended recipient (where applicable) are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us by telephone or e-mail.)
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or telephone or post with information, news, and offers on our products or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
6. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept securely or deleted upon request.
7. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect information about you so that we can personalise the bespoke services provided to you, send you the correct products or for your optimal use of our websites and improve the site generally whilst marketing to you more effectively. Depending upon your marketing preferences we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us. You may amend your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
The security of your personal data is essential to us and, to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All personal data is secured on password protected systems.
- Data is only accessible by authorised staff.
- All backups are encrypted.
- Servers are secured within locked rooms.
- All cupboards holding personal data are securely locked.
- All records are shredded after the retention period is finalised.
8. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not generally share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the important exceptions.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
Furthermore, we will be sharing the data for the purpose of conducting the service you require within the framework of our contractual arrangement with you.
9. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
10. HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Data Protection Officer): firstname.lastname@example.org
11. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.